Membership Fee (required): All student-athletes $175.00
Paid by all student-athletes prior to participating in any league event to include team practices. New student-athletes are allowed a one-time practice participation with a signed parental waiver – subject to individual team policies. To continue participating after this one-time trial, all participants must complete Pit Zone registration and pay the league membership fee.
Season Pass (optional): High School: $150.00 / Middle School: $125.00
Season Passes will be available 4/1/19-7/31/19 only. Includes registration fees for 5 races and a custom race plate.
Individual Race Registration (optional): $55 per race – ONLY REQUIRED IF SEASON PASS WAS NOT PURCHASED
After 7/31 when season pass sales end, individual race entry fees can still be paid for the remainder of the season but must be paid online via the Pit Zone.
NEW FOR 2019 – Online registration closes the Monday prior to each race at midnight. THERE WILL NO LONGER BE ANY ONSITE REGISTRATION.
Coach Licensing Fees
License Fee (required annually): $25
Background Check (required annually):
- Year 1 – $38
- Years 2-6 – $11
- Year 7 – $38
Depending on which coach license level you are working toward, there are additional costs to consider – e.g., Coaches Summit,OTB 101/201, first aid/WFA training, etc. Cost for coach training courses are available on the Idaho League Coach Education Page.
Team Registration – $175
What does the Membership Fee cover?
- The Membership Fee covers participation in IICL-sanctioned activities – including preseason events, practices, league hosted workshops – and insurance for all of those activities. It does not cover NICA Adventure camps or GRiT camps.
- Camping at all race venues is now covered by the IICL Membership Fee
What does the Season Pass cover?
- The Season Pass covers registration for 5 races during the season.
- A custom race plate
- A custom 2019 season t-shirt
- The Season Pass may not be broken up based on race attendance (no pro-rating for missed races) and is not refundable (exceptions may be made for season-ending injuries).
- Season Pass deadline: July 31, 2019. After the deadline, race registration will be available on a per-race basis only.
What if I’m not sure if I want to race or I can’t attend all of the races?
- Student-athletes must pay the Membership Fee to participate in league-sanctioned non-race activities. If or when riders choose to race, they may then pay for the Season Pass (until July 31, 2019) or register for individual races.
Why is the league implementing this new fee structure?
- This new fee structure better aligns participation costs with the programming the Idaho league provides.
- It simplifies the race registration process for parents and coaches without constant deadlines or late fees.
- It aligns the IICL with other interscholastic sports programs and promotes season long participation.
- It strengthens the financial stability of the IICL for long-term sustainability.
- It allows the IICL to subsidize the cost of coach licensing and training in order to provide enough licensed coaches in the league to maintain safe student-to-coach ratios.
- It allows the IICL to cover all race venue expenses including camping in designated camping areas at each venue.
- Additional information explaining the reasons for this fee change can be found HERE by listening to an audio recording.
What if I can’t afford to pay the fees upfront?
- Payment can be made using PayPal credit with zero interest for 6 months. To take advantage of this payment option follow these steps:
- Register in the Pit Zone and select “Pay by Check” as your payment option and make note of the total amount due and ‘Order ID #’.
- Obtain approval through PayPal credit
- Login to your PayPal account choose the option to ‘Send’ payment using your credit line to the IICL with the following contact information:
- Name: Idaho Interscholastic Cycling League
- email: email@example.com
- Address: 709 N Troutner Way Boise, ID 83712
- Be sure to add your ‘Order ID #’ from the Pit Zone in the notes section of your PayPal transaction
- PayPal will send a check to the IICL for the registration fees at which time your status will be changed from ‘Pending’ to ‘Paid’.
Is there financial assistance available?
- Yes, student-athletes and coaches may apply for financial assistance through the league. The application will be available April 1, 2019 and details are available through team directors.
- Financial assistance will be awarded in two phases.
- Applications will be reviewed between 4/1/-19 and 6/30/19 to cover full or partial Membership Fees or Coach License Fees.
- A second application will need to be submitted and reviewed between 7/1/19-7/31/19 to cover full or partial Season Pass fees. There is no financial assistance available for individual race entry fees.
- Financial assistance will be evaluated on student-athlete financial need, community volunteer commitments and available funds.
- We will highly encourage all applicants to commit to partial payment and 100% scholarships will be limited to extenuating circumstances.
Are there refunds available for race cancellations?
- Please review the IICL Weather/Air Quality Protocol and Refund/Transfer Policy for information regarding refunds/transfers.
What other costs are there?
- Teams may have additional fees to cover jerseys and team operating costs. Check with your local team director for more information.
- Equipment costs vary greatly but all participants will be required to have at minimum the following equipment:
- Fully functioning mountain bike
- Hydration system
- Races are held in locations across the state and there may be travel costs associated with attending the races. Check with your local team director on team policies regarding travel.
What if I don’t have the appropriate equipment?
- Many teams have extra equipment available for use. Check with you local team director for more information.
- The IICL will have details available about the 2019 loaner bike program in June.
How do these costs compare to other youth sports?
- We strive to make participation in the IICL affordable while staying committed to providing high-quality professional events with safety as our top priority. That being said, there are countless expenses related to running these programs. We balance our financial needs between registration fees, sponsor partnerships, fundraising campaigns, etc. Our programs run from April to October with membership and race fees significantly lower than other youth sports. According to Stack.com and USA Today participation in other club sports run 3-10 times more than what it costs to participate in the IICL.