2021 Summer Day Camps
Join us for a new day camp format in 2021. Students can register for an Adventure, GRiT or Teen Trail Corps track, each filled with a day full of fun activities and rides geared for the given track.
Registration limited to per track. If a camp fills up and demand remains high, we will consider adding an additional (duplicate) day for a given location.
Dates, locations and capacity:
- June 28: Jug Mountain Ranch, McCall (25 student-athletes per track)
- July 1: Bogus Basin Resort, Boise (25 student-athletes per track)
- July 20: Grand Targhee Resort, Driggs (25 student-athletes per track)
- July 23: Galena Lodge, Sun Valley (12 student-athletes Adventure and GRiT, 6 student-athletes Teen Trail Corps)
A general camp agenda is below, with specific location agendas available soon.
Check-in & Report to “Track” tents (GRiT, Adventure, or TTC tent)
· Bike Skills/Games
· Develop Ride Groups within each track.
Workshops (varies by track)
· Adventure Ride Planning
· Map Reading & Navigation
· Trailside Bike Maintenance
· Bikepacking 101
· Trail Maintenance & Building
· TTC Captain Program Intro.
Snack & Short Ride, separated by track
Longer track ride (TTC track will incorporate trail project)
Camp wrap-up with speaker. All tracks together.
Camp ends & student-athlete pick-up.
NOTE: These are day camps only. No overnight camping will be organized or provided by the league. In addition, we ask student-athletes to bring their own lunch, water, and snacks.
COACHES…We will need the help from local NICA Level 2 & 3 coaches for each location. Duties range from helping with workshop instruction, local ride suggestions, and ride leaders/sweeps. Please reach out to Yadi Spangenberg for the GRiT track and Matt Galyardt for the Adventure/TTC tracks if you are interested and available to help!
For general camp questions, reach out to Matt.
Yadi Spangenberg (GRiT): email@example.com
Matt Galyardt (TTC & Adventure): firstname.lastname@example.org